The 14th International Reversed Field Pinch (RFP) workshop is organized in the framework of the International Energy Agency (IEA) Implementing Agreement on RFP research.
The workshop is organized by Consorzio RFX and will be held on April 26-28, 2010 in Padova, Italy.
The RFP community is strongly involved in the international effort on magnetic confinement fusion, by:
- advancing RFP understanding and performance, to assess its fusion perspectives;
- contributing to the solution of physics and technology problems for the optimization of ITER construction and operation;
- helping in advancing fusion and plasma science, in particular with synergies and joint projects with the tokamak and stellarator communities, aiming at fostering common physics understanding and tool development, and with interactions with laboratory and astrophysics plasma groups ;
- investing in education and training of young fusion engineers ad physicists (all IEA RFP devices are run in close connection with local universities)
Main topics discussed during the workshop are:
- RFP improved regimes and advanced scenarios
- Active control of MHD stability and joint projects with tokamak
- Three-dimensional magnetic field physics: implication for the RFP and collaborative projects with stellarator and tokamak
- Density control and plasma wall-interaction
- Fast ion physics
- Magnetic self-organization
- Current drive
- Future directions for the RFP
- Scalings and system studies for a reactor scenario
Participation from the broader fusion community is welcome.
Please note that remote participation facilities will be available